Friday, April 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies


I've officially gotten on the Nutella band wagon.  I had never had Nutella until this past weekend I finally decided to buy some and hope it would be as good as all the hype makes it out to be.  And... IT IS!!!  I LOVE the stuff.  I first tried it on a fresh strawberry. Oh, I fell in love at that very first moment it touched my deprived taste buds. I then searched one of my favorite recipe sites Tasty Kitchen for a cookie recipe.  And found this one from The Goddess of Baking, which eventually led me to this perfect recipe.  Okay they are both the same recipe but I wanted to give credit where credit is due and I really like how she created this recipe and used "3 giant spoon fulls" of Nutella.


If you look at the original recipe you will notice that I have doubled the recipe here.  With it doubled it probably made about 36 or so cookies.  I also used less flour and more Nutella on baked it for 2 minutes less in hope of a really soft cookie.  They weren't quite as soft as I was hoping for but they are chewy so I'm happy with my modifications.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
2 egg
2 tsp vanilla
4 giant spoonfuls of Nutella (My guess is about 1 1/2 cups?)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside. Mix butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add flour mixture and stir. Slowly stir Nutella into the mixture.  Place large tablespoon sized balls on lined cookie sheet, smash down a bit, and bake for 8 minutes.



So... you really need try Nutella if you've never had it.  Try it with a strawberry or a banana or toast or a Ritz cracker or a cookie or ANYTHING.  And then make these amazingly incredible cookies.

3 comments:

Sara said...

ohhhhh heaven, I can see the clouds parting now ;)

Bob C. said...

These cookies look fantastic! Have you ever tried to make Peanut Butter and Nutella Cups? We are collecting interesting Peanut Butter Cup recipes at PnutButterCups.com , and would love to have you submit one of your own. Thanks again. Even your packaging looks appealing. Can't wait to try these.

Spunky Junky said...

Holy freak these look amazing. I am featuring you on SJ tomorrow.

btdub...aren't cha excited to see my bubbly face in less then a week? ;)

Halz