Friday, August 5, 2011

Frozen Banana Bites

If it is hot and almost unbareably muggy where you are, you wont want to miss this treat!
      Okay okay... there are much more humid climates. But you see, Utah is supposed to be dessert.  And for the last few weeks the humidity levels have been abnormal to say the least.  Example: I walk outside turn the hose on, stand there holding the hose watering my hopeless veggie plants that I transplanted from the old house to the new house drinking my Diet Pepsi and before I know it I've got what seems to be a river running down my back, my hair is almost instantly wavy from the sweat on my neck, and now I need yet another pointless shower for the day.
Anyways... Here is a super simple treat for you to make that may just help you through those rivers.

You will need:
  • 4 large bananas
  • 3/4 cup milk or dark chocolate chips depending on your preferance
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • Optional- course sea salt, coconut flakes, Oreo baking crubms
Melt chocolate and peanut butter together stirring freaquently to avoid burning the chocolate.
Lay a piece of parchment paper on a plate that will fit somewhere in your freezer.
Peel and cut the bananas into bite sized pieces or about a 1/2 inch.
Using your fingers dunk each banana piece into the melted goodness and set on the parchment paper.  When all of the pieces are covered lick your fingers! Don't burn yourself like I did though!.


Spoon the remaining chocolate over the top of the bananas, you wouldn't want to waste in now would you.
 If you have any optional ingiedients to sprinkle over the top now is the time to do that. 
Now place in the freezer.  You will want to let them freeze for 2-3 hours.

I will love having these babies in my freezer from now on!  I get a serious sweet tooth just before bedtime and a couple of these will be perfect.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Mmmmm!

Wait, I don't like bananas. I will try them for Tootsie anyway though.

Keep the recipes coming!

Dave at eRecipeCards.com said...

I LOVE Chocolate bananas... roll them in crushed nuts for an extra treat!!!

Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
http://erecipecards.com/

It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

Dave
http://erecipecards.com/
Contact@eRecipeCards.com

eRecipe said...

I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!