Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sweet Little Pigs

This is one of my family & friends favorites!  I make a plate of these and they are gone in five minutes... literally.  And I have requests for them regularly.

You will need:
2 packages of Hillshire Farms Little Smokies (I've tried other brands, I don't recommend it)
2 lbs. bacon
2 cups of brown sugar
tin foil
tooth picks

Preheat oven to 400.
While preheating, cut the pound of bacon lengths into thirds. 
Dump some toothpicks onto your counter or in a bowl.  This is so you don't cross contaminate and get all of your toothpicks gross with bacon.  Measure out the brown sugar and place in a bowl, a cereal bowl works great.  Line a cookie sheet with sides with tin foil, trust me if you skip this part and just bake these babies on your cookie sheet, you will regret it when it's time to wash your dishes!

Wrap each Little Smokie in a piece of bacon and secure them with a took pick.  Then dredge them in the bowl of brown sugar.  The more the brown sugar the happier you and your guests will be.  And place on the tin foil.  Repeat this until all of the little smokies and bacon have been used... if you need more than 2 cups of brown sugar, use more. 
Place in the oven, it usually takes about 20 minutes but I've never set a timer for this... because everyone likes their bacon cooked differently.  I like mine to start to get a little crispy.  I know they're done or just about done when I smell the delicious aroma filling my kitchen. 

Carefully take them out of your oven.  Using some tongs place the sticky sweet little pigs on a serving dish and serve warm.  They're not near as good when they cool off. 

No comments: