Monday, January 24, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole

This is another very easy and fast dinner that ANYONE can do. It's one that I grew up on as well. I would have to call my best friend every time my mom made this so she could come over for dinner. It was her favorite.

You will need:
1 lbs ground beef
1/2 medium onion or dehydrated onion
2 cream of mushroom soup
1 lbs frozen tater tots
1/2 cup milk
pepper
1 cup colby jack cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

 Brown 1 lbs of burger with onion on a medium heat.  If you have a dutch oven or pot that can be used on the stove and baked in the oven that would be best!  If not no worries.  Use whatever pan you normally brown burger in.
 While still on the stove stir in Mushroom Soup.
 Then dump the Tater Tots in.
 Now have your three year old man cub stir it really really really good (if you don't have a three year old man cub use some kind of substitution,  this is what works best at my home!)
 Okay stir a little better that this picture shows.  Cover and place in oven.  Bake for about 30 minutes or until Tots are thoroughly hot. 

Sprinkle cheese over the top, let melt, and serve. 

If you enjoy this only half as much as my dear friend does, you will love me!

No comments: