Friday, February 11, 2011

Light Crisp Waffles

Makes about eight four inch waffles.

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.

Cook as you would any waffles on a waffle iron. Top with whatever you like. Fresh friut, syrup, powdered sugar, or my favorite peanut butter then hot syrup to melt it... So Good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmmmmmmm.... I just tried this recipe and it did not work. The batter was SUPER thick... I read the recipe like ten times cause it just didn't seem right. But I followed it exactly and it was awful. The waffle came out like a brick. What did I do wrong? Is the batter suppose to be so thick?

Sara said...

Man I need to get me a waffle maker! I LOVE waffles, too bad the other half (husband) doesn't!

CEltonMomma said...

Really? Uggh, I hate when things dont turn out! Yes, the batter is pretty thick. Sorry, it didnt turn out! Thanks for leaving feedback though!